Since v.2.0.0-rc1, virtuNewsletter has mailgun integration.
To do such, you need to
- download Mailgun's Official SDK for PHP from https://github.com/mailgun/mailgun-php,
- place the files on core/components/virtunewsletter/vendors/mailgun-php (remove "-master" suffix name if any),
- run composer inside the folder,
- update System Settings, look for : "virtunewsletter.mailgun.endpoint", fill in the domain target (or sandbox domain) URL from the mailgun's dashboard,
- and then fill "virtunewsletter.mailgun.api_key" with URL's API key.
virtuNewsletter does not send messages using mailgun's batchMessage feature, but send them one by one.
It is done so to parse the placeholders and output filters.
Since then, when the cron runs, it uses high memory.
To avoid out of memory, reduce "virtunewsletter.email_limit", 30 is recommended.
Support the team building MODX with a monthly donation.
The budget raised through OpenCollective is transparent, including payouts, and any contributor can apply to be paid for their work on MODX.
$305 per month—let's make that $500!Learn more