What is Login?
Login is a security Extra for MODX Revolution, that allows for front-end login capabilities, as well as profile updating, registration, and forgot password functionality.
Login was written by Shaun McCormick as a login/security Extra, and first released on June 25th, 2009. It is now maintained in its fork by the MODX team.
Development and Bug Reporting
Login is stored and developed in GitHub, and can be found here: https://github.com/modxcms/Login
Bugs can be filed here: https://github.com/modxcms/Login/issues
The Login Extra is composed of 10 Snippets:
- Login - For login forms.
- UpdateProfile - For adding front-end profile editing.
- Profile - Sets Profile fields as placeholders, which allows you to display a User's Profile.
- ForgotPassword - For retrieving lost passwords.
- ResetPassword - Confirmation page snippet for actually resetting the User's password.
- Register - For processing registration forms.
- ConfirmRegister - Confirmation page for processing a Registration form using activation.
- ChangePassword - For changing user passwords on the front-end.
- ActiveUsers - Shows a list of active, signed-on users
- isLoggedIn - Will check to see if user is logged into the current or specific context. If not, redirects to unauthorized page.
You can also see these articles for implementing different functionality in the Login package:
- Login.Using Pre and Post Hooks